Tuesday, August 11, 2015

(870) When worlds collide


Dairy isn't the Japanese's strongest suit: as far as I know the only production worth mentioning is up in Hokkaido. This is probably the reason why the best ice creams I've tasted here are from American chains like "Cold Stone Creamery" with their characteristic "songs for tips" policy (incidentally, this is the only time I've seen anyone getting tipped in Japan): the members of the stuff sing while preparing the ice cream and the customer leaves something in the tip jar. 


Although their singing is too, ahem, saccharine for my tastes, the ice cream is top-grade -pictured are three different flavors: chocolate, peach and mango -especially the chocolate was one of the best I've tried. Anywhere.

(For a bigger version of this picture both in color and black and white, check my "Japan Arekore" set on Flickr)

0 comments: